Welcome to the world of BlogBridge. So you’re intrigued. What’s the BlogBridge thing, and how do I get into it? This page will give you a bit of a roadmap.
I guess the first thing you want to know, is “what is BlogBridge?” and “why do I want it?” We have various writeups that answer those kinds of questions in more detail, for now, let’s just say that BlogBridge is a neat, free, application that goes out and brings you information on all kinds of topics, blogs, news feeds, etc. In the lingo it’s often referred to as an aggregator, an RSS aggregator, a feed aggregator. And so on.
Step by Step
Interested? Ok, starting from zero here are the step by step instructions for getting up and running.
- The first thing you need to do is to install the application. Take a look at our installation instructions page, and follow along based on what kind of computer you have.
- Once you have BlogBridge installed, just go ahead and run it. Find the icon, click it and it will launch and show you our bridge du-jour. Actually not du-jour but we have a different bridge photo every so often.
- You are now entering the setup wizard. After an introductory screen, you will be asked: “Do you accept the license?” Sure, you should say yes, and “next>”
- Next you get a screen with the very basic basic basic information you need to proceed. It would be nice if you read it, but no-one ever does.
- Now you could stop here and click “Finish” but my advice is to take another 30 seconds for the following steps, because now it gets fun.
- BlogBridge comes with a FREE web service that allows you to keep your subscriptions safely protected on our server. I really suggest that you sign up. It’s quick and easy. You’ll get a confirmation email - it might go to your spam folder. Find it, click it, and you’re in. No credit card needed! Click Next>
- Here come our Expert Guides! We’re lucky to have a team of experts on lots and lots of topics. And we’re constantly adding more. So just browse through the list and choose some topics that intrigue you, just to get started. Don’t worry, you can always add more. Click Next>
- We like to know more about your interests, so give us some words or phrases for topics, people, places, things that fascinate you, that you want to learn more about.
- That’s it! Click Finish and sit back and relax and enjoy reading and learning and keeping informed. It’s too cool for words
Oh there’s so much more that you can do. Here are some suggestions:
- Browse around our Expert Guides and investigate all the topics and experts we’ve got covered
- Create a SmartFeed and start diving into the automatic querying and filtering of all the wonderful information out there
- Try out the BlogStarz ratings that you see on each and every feed, and then drag around the StarzFilter to see how you can broaden and limit your view depending on home much time you’ve got to kill
- Snoop around our Almanac, which is a user generated Wiki of BlogBridge documentation.