Becoming a BlogBridge expert
Become a BlogBridge Expert Guide - help others find the right content.It’s really simple! Assume you are an expert in photography and you publish a blog about it - perhaps even run a community around it. Register with us as a resident expert for photography and create a custom guide with different feeds which you think are appropriate for those of us that share your passion. That could include your blog, but it could also include other feeds.
We will promote your collection of feeds on our web site. If you decide to distribute a pre-configured version of Blogbridge, people will have it with your feeds. And even if they don’t use your pre-configured BlogBridge version, they will still be able to download the feeds from our site.
That way, you’ll increase your sphere of influence while at the same time helping people that share your passion sort through the clutter. Send us an email if you are interested in the program!
How it works
It’s actually extremely simple. Once you propose and are accepted as one of our Experts, you are given your own login and guide folder, where you can keep your list of recommendations. Here’s an example of one of our most popular guides, the Best Food Blogs Guide.
You will go to your own guide after logging in and use our simple web based user interface to add and change the set of feeds that you are recommending for your own topic area. It’s actually extremely simple. If you’re a BlogBridge user yourself, it is even easier, because you can publish your recommendations directly from BlogBridge, with a single click.
Using BlogBridge to write your expert guide
Within BlogBridge any “Guide” can be turned into your “Expert Guide.” Just refer to the Guide Properties dialog box to the Publishing tab. There you can give the guide a name and a cutoff (how many BlogStarz make the cut?) From that point on any time you change your selections in BlogBridge they become available to your audience, immediately!
Getting traffic to your other sites
Another part of the program is that you will get your own page on our site to tell your audience about yourself, link to your own blog, and even include a photo.
Other expert guides tell us that being part of this program has generated some nice traffic for them! Please drop us an email at email@example.com if you have an area of expertise you want to share with the world!
Step by Step
Once you are signed up you will receive an email with a link to your Expert Guide folder, a user name and a password.
- Click on the link to get to your folder
- Click on login (top right) and enter your information
- Click the “edit folder” icon (looks like a paper with a pencil)
- Update the blurb for the folder and the name if you like
- Add tags for the folder
- Click Ok
- Click on your name on the right to see your user profile
- Update your own info, including a blurb and pointer to your own blog
- Upload a picture of yourself.
- Click Ok.
Now all you have to do is add your recommended Feeds. You can do that through the web UI of the Expert Guides, or even easier is to use BlogBridge to publish your recommendation as a reading list. In order to use BlogBridge itself to publish your reading list, follow these steps:
- Within the BlogBridge application, locate the Guide that you would like to share as an expert
- Select Guide/Properties/Publishing and check the ‘Enable Publishing’ check box. You may change the name or the tags if you like.
- Click OK to confirm, and Tools/Sync Now to synchronize with the BlogBridge Service
- Go back to that same dialog box (Guide/Properties/Publishing) and copy the Publication URL onto your clipboard.
- In your web browser, navigate to your Expert Guide folder.
- Click on the icon to edit the folder, and see at the bottom where you can paste the “Dynamic OPML URL”. Once you confirm, your copy of BlogBridge will automatically publish directly to our Expert Guides web site each time you sync.