I have exciting news. We have released a new beta build of BlogBridge with IMO awesome new twitter support. This is bringing us another step to being the ultimate personal social media dashboard.
You can try the new features without perturbing your normal BlogBridge use by simply clicking on the link to the BlogBridge Weekly Release. Follow the steps and you will be taken through the installation steps. N.B. None of your feeds will automatically come over. This is a separate release with its own sync database.
It is as if you were installing BlogBridge on a different computer. So all you need to do is to go to the Tools menu, choose BlogBridge Service… and set up your email and password there, and do a sync.
To find the new stuff, look here:
- Choose Preferences, and look at the Twitter Tab. You will find full authentication support to connect BlogBridge to your Twitter account.
- Create SmartFeed: Choose Twitter Search. You can create three types of Twitter Feed:
- A feed of all the tweets that match a specific twitter query,
- A feed of all the tweets that are on your own timeline
- And coolest of all IMO, a feed of all the tweets from a user’s (like your own) twitter list
- While you are looking at any item in BlogBridge, choose the Article/TweetThis menu item. You can tweet directly from BlogBridge. You may include a link or the full text of a an item you are looking at.
- Within any Twitter Feed (as described in (2) above) you see the Tweets requested.
- Hover over a name and you will see information about the user.
- Click on Reply to directly reply to the tweet in Twitter
- Coolest: Click on Full Text (if you see the button) to see the page that the tweet was mentioning, right there before your eyes.
That is all for now. I wanted to make a brief announcement to get people going but there will be more detailed instructions and help soon.
As always please send your comments, and especially your bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org